Monday, September 8, 2014

Meet Freshman Elizabeth Yacobucci

Elizabeth Yacobucci is a freshman from Hollidaysburg, PA. 

Why did you come to Lock Haven University?
I decided to come to Lock Haven University for a lot of reasons.  I am undecided on my major, but LHU has some majors I’m interested in. I also fell in love with the campus and the volleyball program at Lock Haven.
What celebrity would you like to hang out with or a day? Why?
I would like to hang out with Morgan Freeman because he is one of my favorite actors. He seems like a nice person and someone that would be interesting to hang out with.
What is your least favorite food?
I’m not a picky eater and I will try a lot of things.  I do, however, I refuse to eat any kind of seafood.
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?
If I could live anywhere in the world I would want to live in Italy. I chose to live in Italy because my great grandparents came from Italy in early 1900s and my father is full blooded Italian.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment was when I was in elementary school and I had just gotten off the bus with my sister. My sister was behind me talking to me so I turned my head to look at her, not looking where I was going  and  when I turned back around I walked right into the stop sign.  The next day the whole bus was laughing at me.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have a lot of pet peeves. If I had to choose one, it’s when people who tell me how to do something when I already know how to do especially when they are new at it or don’t know what they’re talking about.
Who is your role model?
My role model is my father; he works hard to get what he wants and is a good person. He knows what he wants and does it. He doesn't do it half way or cheat his way through it. He figures out the best way, does his research and completes it to the best of his ability.
What is your favorite pro sports team?
My favorite sports team is the Pittsburgh Penguins, I love watching hockey.
What do you like most about game day?
The thing I like most about game day is the nervousness and the excitement of the game to come.  I always get butterflies in my stomach before a game and I get really excited to play.
What are your pregame rituals?
Before games I just like listening to music and getting ready for the game by putting my jersey on. It just gets me excited to play and focused.
How do you want people at LHU to remember you?
I would like to be remembered as a great volleyball player, a good teammate, hardworking, and having good sportsmanship.
What is one thing people do not know about you?
A lot of people don’t know that I have a scuba license and that when we go to vacation my family and I scuba dive together.
What is your least favorite conditioning drill, weight room exercise, or volleyball drill?
In high school we had an exercise/drill that we had to run around the gym with a medicine ball above our heads and jump over cones. We had to this for a certain amount of time.
What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is Stromboli and my Mom’s homemade pizza.
Who can you do a good impression of?
I’ve never really tried to do an impression of anyone.
What is one thing you want to happen before you leave LHU?
In volleyball, I want the LHU team to win the PSAC championships and continue playing in the NCAA tournament. I also would love to break records and just become a great, consistent player. In school, I want to have a good education and have a job lined up for me before I leave LHU.
What is your dream job?
My dream job is working at the Altoona Curve as a manager, so I can stay in my home town with a good job. I would love to stay in the Altoona area and be home in the evenings.
My friends would describe me as…
A friend would describe me trustworthy, athletic, friendly, funny and sarcastic.
I cannot live without…
I couldn't live without my family and friends.
On road trips I always bring…

On a road trip I always bring a pillow, cell phone, cell phone charger, and a blanket.

Yacobucci_Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment