Monday, September 29, 2014

Meet Freshman Rebekah Rupinski

Meet freshman Rebekah Rupinski from Lemoyne, PA. 

Why did you come to Lock Haven University?
I decided on Lock Haven because I knew I wanted to go farther from home. However I wanted to know I could be in driving distance if I ever needed to run home for something. Distance was not the only factor, I knew I wanted to play collegiate volleyball and I loved the coaching staff and the environment of The Haven on and off the court from my first visit.
What celebrity would you like to hang out with or a day? Why?
I would want to hang out with Beyonce, and then maybe some of her flawlessness would rub off on me.
What is your least favorite food?
Raw sushi, I have attempted to eat it because you “can’t knock it till you try it” but I know that will definitely never be a thing for me.
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?
If I got to pick up and move anywhere I’d want to be by one of Australia’s beaches, who wouldn't love a beach with water that’s actually blue?
What is your most embarrassing moment?
Embarrassing moments come on a daily basis to me, so I’m not sure what the worst is but the most common would have to be when I’m at work, as a waitress, and say stupid things to my customers from being in a hurry. It’s always so awkward having to go back to those tables then.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest peeve has to be when girls act dumber as a way to get attention from a guy, I just don’t get why someone wouldn't want to be seen as smart.
Who is your role model?
My Nana would have to be my biggest role model. Knowing all the hoops she had to jump through throughout her life, she still raised four successful girls, was married fifty-two years, and always there when you need anything. She’s someone I’d aspire to be, someone that’s happy.
What is your favorite pro sports team?
Definitely more of a hockey fan when it comes to pro teams so I’m going to have to say the Philadelphia Flyers.
What do you like most about game day?
The part about game day I actually look forward to is game day jitters; you’re just so amped up, kind of nervous, want the win, and are ready to kill it with your team.
What are your pregame rituals?
Commonly I’ll be listening to music before it, and on the day I make sure enough water is in my system and eat healthy and light.
How do you want people at LHU to remember you?
I hope people remember me as someone in a positive light, someone that was there for help or to call up and do fun things with.
What is one thing people do not know about you?
Something most do not know is I love the beach so much that my bedroom is decorated and painted to look like one, so I’m always on vacation.
What is your least favorite conditioning drill, weight room exercise, or volleyball drill?
Sprints are my nightmare, something I have yet to enjoy.
What is your favorite food?
My favorite food would easily be the ribs my dad makes in his special way, a meal I always look forward too.
Who can you do a good impression of?
I can do a good impression of my parents; I mean I've had eighteen years to learn their tendencies and sayings.
What is one thing you want to happen before you leave LHU?
I want to have a feeling of confidence that whatever I decide to do for the rest of my life is really what I should be doing, no doubts.
What is your dream job?
I would love to work in Disney world, as maybe a vet or engineer; you’d always be a kid even when you grow up!
My friends would describe me as…
They would describe me as funny and outgoing, I love meeting new people and I’m someone who likes to make you laugh.
I cannot live without…
I cannot live without a fan; I have to sleep with my fan on every night!
 On road trips I always bring…

Things I always seem to grab for a road trip are a bottle of water, a snack, my phone, headphones, and a pillow.

Rupinski_Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment