Monday, September 10, 2012

Meet Senior Setter- Alexa

Hi my name is Alexa Garrity and I am an Elementary Education major at Lock Haven University. I am going into my senior year so I will be entering my professional semester, or block as it is otherwise known. I live in the small town of Chichester, PA which is about 15 minutes south of Philadelphia. I have a younger brother who is 16 years old, my mom who is a social worker, my dad who is a refinery operator, and a dog named Cody.

 

One of the reasons I chose Lock Haven University is the competitive volleyball team. I was recruited by coach Justice and when I visited the school I fell in love with it. The size, the location, and the girls on the team were everything I was looking for in a college. Upon entering my freshman year I unfortunately got injured so I red-shirted for the year. The team has been very successful the past few years making it to the NCAA regional tournament every year since I have been a member and I am extremely excited for this upcoming year to see our team grow together and make it even further then we have in the past.

 

One thing I love most about Lock Haven is the fact that my teammates have become some of my best friends throughout the years and I consider them to be family. Being able to maintain such good friendships with girls I just met means the world to me and made my transition from high school to college very smooth, it has also helped on the court a lot because we can connect so well. I know I will remain friends with these girls for a lifetime and I'm grateful for that. Overall I am really happy I chose Lock Haven University to attend; I am coming out of the school with a degree for something I am going to love doing for the rest of my life, a successful 4 years with my teammates on the volleyball court, and friends that I will have forever.
 
-Alexa
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment