Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meet Sophomore Middle Blocker- Toryn


I chose Lock Haven for a few different reasons. The main deciding factor was because of the girls on the team. When I came for my visit the girls on the team were so welcoming. They talked to me about anything I needed and they were all willing and happy to talk with me. The other schools I went to were not as welcoming. The coaching staff was so helpful also and Coach Justice called once a week just to chat. I also chose Lock Haven because of my major. It is one of the best schools for Athletic Training and the staff is very helpful with being a student athlete and athletic training major. The environment at the school is small and not too overwhelming. That made it more of a homey feeling and it was comfortable to come here even though I was 3 hours away from home. The girls on the team are like my family and we all get along. We are a very close team, and that is another thing I love about it here. Also the coaches are always there even if you need to just talk about something that has nothing to do with volleyball. They are so supportive everyone is and it is a great feeling to have. Some of the players on our team are from far away and can not see their families and I think that our team is like our second family, one away from home. I know that is the case for me.  I wasn't able to play my freshman year because I had back issues, but my team and coaches were there for me and very supportive through the whole process, when I got my procedures done they all contacted me and knowing that my team is there for me made it so much easier, and now I am very excited to get back into the game.
 
-Toryn
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment