Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meet Sophomore Middle Blocker- Stephanie


Hey! My name is Stephanie Doherty and I am currently a sophmore here at Lock Haven University.  I have been playing volleyball since I was in 6th grade, and have been a middle hitter since 7th grade.  I grew up in Upper Darby township, which is right outside of Philadelphia, but eventually moved to East Earl, Lancaster County, going into 9th grade.  It was a huge change for me, but the volleyball program there was fantastic and that's how my volleyball career really started off.  I chose LHU because of the education program they have here.  I am majoring in Physical Education to become a gym/health teacher, and they provide a wonderful program with a very supportive staff in the PE department.  I love LHU because of how small both the campus and the sizes of the classes are.  If I have trouble with a certain subject, I can approach the teacher to have one on one help and they will know my name as well, which wouldn't occur at a college like Penn State.  It also takes about 5-10 minutes to get to class, so I just wake up 20 minutes before I have to be there because I love to sleep.  If there's one thing you'll learn about me quickly, it's that I sleep way too much, but that's fine with me :).

-Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment