Saturday, September 8, 2012

Meet...Junior Middle- Bailey


     Hey guys! I would like to formally introduce myself, I'm Bailey Farthing :). My teammates refer to me as the Country loving City Slicker and Dan just calls me Bfart. When im not busting out a million sprints in the gym, I'm busy trying new food recipes with my friends, finding any excuse to blow money with my mom, or begging my father to play me a song or even just teach me how to play a guitar.

     I have been playing volleyball since the 7th grade and knew I was going to be a one sport kind of girl right then and there. I started competing at the club level in 8th grade and found my home with Columbus Volleyball Academy where my team and I qualified for Nationals two years in a row. My highschool career can be summed up with 3 Conference championships, 3 District championships, and a State runner-up medal hanging off of my bed post.

     One of the greatest things I took away from all of my years of experience was the power in just believing. Belief in our abilities and the belief in eachother. My teammates and I became fighters, gradually pushing closer and closer to our end goals, with the most rewarding and unforgettable results. I am extremely grateful to be apart of the Lock Haven Legacy, and to be able to bring my fight and drive to this team so LHVB can also reach our highest potential. It is amazing that I am able to play the game I love for a great school. I have absolutely no clue how to begin to repay my thanks for the overwhelming opportunity I have been given.

-Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment