Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet and Greet Series- Grace




Hello Lock Haven Volleyball family!

 

My name is Grace and I am a senior at Lock Haven University and one of the current middle blockers for the team.  I was born in West Des Moines, Iowa, but grew up right outside of the Pittsburgh area.  When I started playing volleyball in junior high, I was coached by Christa Harmotto, who is now on the U.S. Olympic volleyball team!  In high school, I played volleyball, basketball, ran track, and played club volleyball.  My club team was Pittsburgh Renaissance.  I graduated from Hopewell High School fourth in my class and made a smooth transition to Lock Haven, where I enjoy participating in the Honors Program.  My major is Sport Administration, and my minors are Coaching and Sport & Exercise Psychology.

 

In my small amount of free time, I like to go for runs on the levee by the Susquehanna River, read, watch superhero movies (my favorites are Spiderman and Captain America), and hang out with friends.  My best friends are my three sisters, and my birthday is on the 4th of July!  My favorite things about volleyball are getting a great block and laughing with my teammates.  Also, I love getting assists to anyone on the team.  If I wasn't a middle blocker I would definitely want to be a setter.  An interesting fact about me is that I am currently the tallest girl in the conference, at 6'3".  Yes, it is very hard to find pants that are long enough, but I assume a lot of the past and current players can empathize with me.

 

I think the best parts about Lock Haven are the close-knit community and the overall friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the school.  Since I am a senior, this fall will be my last season of playing a sport.  After I graduate, I hope to pursue my dream of being a Sport Psychologist by attending graduate school.

 

Thanks for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at games and other LHU functions! :)

 

 
-Grace




No comments:

Post a Comment