Saturday, September 15, 2012

Meet Sophomore Rightside Hitter- Laura

My name is Laura Harris, and I am a sophomore here at LHU. Originally I was recruited as an outside hitter, and now at Lock Haven I am a right side hitter. I was born in Allentown, PA but moved to New Jersey when I was 5 and grew up there ever since. I started playing volleyball in the 5th grade, by the time I got to high school it was the first year my high school ever had a volleyball team. With help from family and friends, we helped create a volleyball program for Absegami High school. As a freshman I was voted captain, and was for the rest of the four years. I also ran track in high school and played club volleyball. My club team was also a new program when I was a freshman, East Coast Crush. I have graduated from Absegami High school, and made the long journey here to Lock Haven University.

I am majoring in Sports Administration here at LHU. I have chosen Lock Haven University because it had a well-known program for my major, a strong volleyball program, the location and size of the school. It has been a little bit of a struggle to adjust to being away from home, but I have slowly learned to get used to it and like it here.

In my free time I just love hanging out with my friends and doing and trying new things, and visiting new places. I love new experiences and opportunities. My favorite movie is the Pirates of the Caribbean. I also love watching sports; my favorite teams to watch are the Phillies and Eagles. I live with my Mom, Dad, and brother. My birthday is December 18. I love volleyball and am glad to be here at Lock Haven to continue playing the sport I love.

-Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment